Member for 6 years, 8 months
Last seen more than 6 years ago
Mathematics Researcher. Main interests:
- physics based animation (deformable objects, kinematics)
- mathematics of CG applications (simulation, games, etc.)
- shader programming
- discrete differential geometry (manifold properties)
While you're here, please stop saying these two things
- quaternions avoid gimbal lock
- premature optimization
- gimbal lock is related to a mechanism, quaternions are just an algebraic/geometric description of an angle-axis rotation. So they do not avoid it since the mechanism itself cannot.
- if it's an optimization, if it's common sense, just implement it! Better do it now, than to look for it desperately later.
This user hasn’t posted yet.