The image shown below illustrate the process to break a cube down into 4 small equal cubes.

Is there a term to refer to this process, something like cube-break-down?

enter image description here

Why would I like to know the term?

Because I am trying to perform this process by coding, and I am wondering if there existing code base to do this.

  • 2
    $\begingroup$ Space partitioning would be one way to describe it, your example is similar to an oct-tree partition. $\endgroup$ – PaulHK Jan 24 at 5:33
  • 3
    $\begingroup$ How about Exploded view? $\endgroup$ – joojaa Jan 24 at 5:33

What about Division or subdivision?

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.