A well known way of interpolating the gradient field of a scalar field onto faces of a triangular mesh uses the following formula

enter image description here

(source: https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~kmcrane/Projects/HeatMethod/paperCACM.pdf)

I'm wondering if there is a principled way of either (a) computing gradients on vertices or (b) average the face-based gradients (maybe by say the barycentric area of the vertex).



Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.