What topics can I ask about here?
Computer Graphics Stack Exchange is for computer graphics researchers and programmers.
Topics that are usually a good fit for this site include:
- Questions about math related to computer graphics,
- Questions about a specific graphics programming or debugging problem,
- Questions about a specific graphics API,
- Questions about a specific graphics algorithm or concept.
If your question generally covers (one of) these topics, then you’re in the right place to ask your question!
However, some questions are still off-topic, although they might fit into the above criteria.
- Questions asking for off-site resources including books, tools and tutorials are off-topic as they tend to attract opinionated answers and spam. Also, the other sites may remove their content, which makes the question here useless for future visitors. Instead, ask about the specific problem you have.
- The same applies to questions asking for software recommendations. You may ask such questions on Software Recommendations Stack Exchange, but please first read over their Help Center and quality guidelines.
- Questions about how to use (a feature of) modeling software are off-topic here, but may be suitable to Super User. Questions specific to Blender may even be asked on Blender Stack Exchange. Again, please have a look into their Help Centers before asking.
- Questions about Computer Vision are off-topic, except where it overlaps with computer graphics. As there is a significant part of overlap between these two topics, the line is blurry. Computer Vision questions unrelated to computer graphics may be suitable to Signal Processing Stack Exchange.
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Computer Graphics Stack Exchange, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area 51, the place where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.